This February went pretty good in reading term and I am proud of myself as I am reading a lot more than last year (for now!), I don’t think it’s only me but it is also the books I picked up they are remarkable I still haven’t read a 2 stars book nor I haven’t abandoned and labeled any as DNF.
I have read 6 books and a half this month! (WHAAAAAAAAT??!!) Plus I started and almost finished a new series — THIS IS MY GRISHA MONTH!
I partecipate at two book clubs #OWBOOKCLUB which theme of the month was FEMALE BADASS and Our Shared Shelf which book of the month (bi-month) was The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler.
Personally this was a pretty harsh month, I don’t react well at Valentine’s day especially when you are single and surrounded by couples and suffered of bad anxiety so I’ve been in several depression that week which was also anticipated for other stuff in the previously week and I have been able to get out of it the weekend of the Valentine’s week because I have such amazing friends who are able to make me laugh so hard.
Back to the books, here is what I read this month.
- A quiet kind of thunder by Sara Barnard ☆☆☆☆☆: which is currently my favorite book of the author. It is a love story between a girl who suffers of selective mutism and anxiety and a deaf boy.
- Hello me, it’s you by Hannah Todd ☆☆☆: I received this e-arc through netgalley and even if I didn’t totally appreciated, it is full of stories about mental health disease and how things get better.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber ☆☆☆☆: it was one of my most anticipated reading of this 2017 and I wasn’t disappointed by it.
- The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler ☆☆☆☆: it was such an interesting book about feminism in different times and places. It is a fast reading but I am so pleased with it.
- Shadow and bone by Leigh Bardugo ☆☆☆☆: the hype for this series was so all over me and I didn’t get disappointed either. I fell in love with Mal and Alina and the Grisha world.
- Siege and storm by Leigh Bardugo ☆☆☆: It was an half star down the previous book but I was so overwhelmed by it and Leigh Bardugo is such a great narrator and writer.
I also started the last book of the Grisha’s trilogy Ruin and Rising but I will definitely finish it in the next month (next days).