“Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!”
When you are a bookworm you always have books that you really want to read the previous year but couldn’t been able because of the time, the money or simply because you were not in the mood for that book. So I will try to reduce my endless list to 10 books released in 2016 that I really hope to read this year.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir — This is definitely one book that I will pick up in the next months, I really want to wait a bit because I would love to have the paperback sequel that should be out in the second half of the year. So I will see.
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff — After Illuminae and Gemina I will always try a Jay Kristoff book and Nevernight is in my list definately. Plus, it talks about assassins.
- Ivory and Bone by Jules Eshbaugh– I discovered this book on the FairyLoot box that of course I didn’t purchase and I love the fact that it sets in a prehistorical time. I partecipated to I don’t know how many giveaway but I never won it, so I discovered that it’s going to be out the paperback version during the summer and IT WILL BE MINE.
- The female of the species by Mindy McGinnis — I wanted to read this book since the moment it has been released and my wish increased reading all the positive review that it got. The problem? It has only the hardback version and it is so freaking expensive. So I will have to wait for the paperback version late this year or a good deal on Abebooks.
- Beautiful broken things by Sara Barnard — This is a book that I can finally cancel from my wishlist. It has been there for an entire year and finally I had an amazing Secret Santa who gifted to me and I’ve finished it and LOVED IT.
- Dreamology by Lucy Keating — I wanted to read from so many time but there was only the hardback version and I don’t agree with the solo book paperback. It’s just not good for my back, my purse and my shelf. But now I have the ebook version!
- Scrappy little nobody by Anna Kendrick — If I have to pick up an autobiography book this year I hope it’s this one. I love Anna Kendrick!
- Broken Sky by L.A. Weatherly — I don’t know why I didn’t read it. Maybe it’s because I have so many serie that I started and I need to finish a few before started a new ones. I hope I will be able to read it this year.
- How to not disappear by Clare Furniss — I just really love this cover!
- ...And a happy new year? by Holly Bourne — I had to pass on the last book of the Spinsters serie because it was out ONLY on hardback. I mean WHY?! I have all the serie in paperback and now I have to wait an entire year for reading this.