“Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!”
This is my first #TopTuesday and you may have noticed that the post was not up on Tuesday but I liked too much the theme for 20th December that I couldn’t miss it so I hope you will forgive me for being a day late.
This Christmas I created like 5 different Christmas Lists that contained only books: two for my Secret Santas, two lists for friends and one big list for my family — I guess people should know that I just want books for Christmas. So here are the 10 books that I’m hoping to find under my tree Sunday (maybe there are already there) *fingers crossed for me*
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone: Illustrated Edition by J.K. Rowling and Jim Kay. This BOOK is in my family Christmas List and I wanted this so bad that if I won’t receive it by the 27th December (my birthday) I’m so going to buy it for myself. I gave so many hints to my parents that I was pretty obvious, I mean they weren’t even hints I was like “Mom, I really want the new Harry Potter books. It’s on my AMAZON list. Even if you don’t know what amazon is, just ask to your son! HE HAS MY LIST”. So… Fingers crossed for me, guys! — I know this book is not under my tree yet because I would recognize its format but we don’t lose hope at Christmas!
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. This is my #SundayYA Secret Santa list and it’s also in TOP 1 on that list, I still haven’t receive this Secret Santa package so I’m sure this book isn’t already under my tree. But I’ve heard so much about this book and since I will read Caraval on February I would love to also read this. I heard there are lot alike.
- Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard. I WANT THIS. I NEED THIS. I’M GONNA BY THIS BOOK if it’s not under my tree. This book is in my Secret Santa organized by Jamie from The Broke and The Bookish and the package is currently under my tree — what I know is that I have THREE books in my Secret Santa package so fingers crossed. I don’t even know why I haven’t bought this book yet. I mean I’m already pre-ordering Sara’s next book but I haven’t even read this. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
- Ivory and Bone by Jules Eshbagh. I NEED THIS BOOK (I kind of need every single book on this list otherwise they wouldn’t be here). This is also in my Secret Santa list but if I don’t get it this Christmas I think I’m just gonna to wait another 6 months when the paperback will be out — I mean I waited for month already I can do it for a little more. Anyway I wouldn’t probably read it right away because I already have a quite wonderful TBR. But this is a prehistorical fantasy and I LOVE DINOSAURUS. (Maybe there are no Dinos in there but still…)
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. One of my 2017 goal is to try to finish most of the duology/trilogy and series that I’ve started in the past years. So this went straight in the friend’s Christmas List, because I have the tendency to keep buying new things and books and never buy the sequels to the ones that I have already started. WHY? Sometimes because the price is too high, sometimes I didn’t really like the previous book and sometimes I am just so lazy and not in the mood. Don’t tell me about it!
- A monster calls by Patrick Ness. This is in my family’s list and it has quite a story: Patrick Ness is one of my favourite author and this was my first book of his. The problem? I’ve got it in ebook and I really want a paperback! The funny thing is that I’m gifting this book to every person that I know but I don’t even own a copy! What the hell is wrong with me? Seriously! The picture that you see is the italian version “sette minuti a mezzanotte” of the book, but I really would love both the italian and the UK version on paperbacks. I NEED IT!
- How to build a girl by Caitlin Moran. I couldn’t not include a feminist book in my endless Christmas Lists and this went on my BFF’s Christmas List whose I don’t get my presents (and she won’t get hers) until after Christmas because we have such different working hours that we won’t meet until next week *sad faces please* Another 2017 goal is to read a bunch of Feminist books — I already have “Everyday Sexism” that is waiting for me on my TBR shelf but I’m not in the mood right now to read something like that. I’m currently re-reading my favourite Harry Potter because it’s like I am not in any reading mood in these days.
- The Original Folk & Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm: The Complete First Edition by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm. Since I am a bit obsessed with Fairytales I wanted the original Grimm’s book where the tales don’t have a Disney happy endings. This book is not that cheap so I am not excepting to get it any soon but a girl can dream, right?
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton.
Did I mention that I love dinosaurus and that Jurassic Park is one of my favourite movie EVER?! Well, this book has been in my wishlist for like THREE YEARS, yes.. THREE YEARS! So, maybe.. I don’t know.. Like my brother could have click on the cart.. Maybeeeeeeeeee!!!
- The Witch of Inverness and the Fairies of Tomnahurich. I am so obsessed with Scotland and I fell in love with this country this summer so I just searched for a bunch of books that narrate the legend of this land and I found a few of them that I added in almost all my Christmas List so **fingers crossed for this one too**
The truth is that I will love everything that I will receive. Actually I would love more if somebody knows me pretty well and just give me something that he/she thought I would love instead of just click on my list — well, I will appreciate more if I got a book + something from your head LOL. Whatever I will receive I will be happy because now I am a grown up and if I really want something I am just going to by myself but I’m going to wait until January because I am a good girl! 😀